RothLochston was contracted for the procurement and build of the Mobile Generator Upgrades at the Holyrood Generating Station. The project would address fuel changes and operational efficiencies to ensure continual improvement in emissions at the plant.
The Scope of Work included:
- Site Services, Excavation and installation of precast concrete pedestals
- Supply and install 90,000L Diesel fuel tank
- Supply, fabricate and install (Qty 6) Stack support structures
- Remove existing and supply and install new Gen Unit silencers and exhaust stacks
- Supply, fabricate and install fuel piping system complete with fuel monitor control system
Each generator is connected to the grid by an individual transformer, which would require a linesman on standby to shut off power at the supply to secure it for service. RothLochston’s experience and expertise in industrial electrical services was provided as our team stepped in with a safe and efficient solution.
Due to the new system’s design, the pump had to be relocated to facilitate the new feeds from the fuel tank. Our team was able to provide the technical rational and supply a new frame and relocate the generators individual fuel tanks.